India uses an E-VISA system. Processing takes 3 to 10 working days. Canadians will get their visas stamped into their passports upon arrival at one of twenty-four major airports or three major seaports in India once their e-Visa is approved and emailed to them. This applies to Tourists, Business, Medical and Family Visitors. The visa is valid for a double-entry of India, with a stay of up to 60 days. You must apply at least 7 days PRIOR to travel. Everything is done on-line. You do not send in your real passport.
The Government of India website to fill the online application. You must go via the links on the website. Simply fill in the widget and it will guide you through the entire VISA application process.
A tourist visa is appropriate for those who would like to visit India for tourism or other non-business related purposes. You are required to possess a valid passport with a valid Indian visa before you start your travel to India. Every traveler, including minor children, must each have a valid visa to travel to India.
Duration & Validity
- Tourist Visa is generally issued with multiple entry endorsement.
- Validity of Tourist Visa commences from the date of visa issuance and not from date of entry into India.
- The Period of stay for each visit is maximum up to 6 (SIX) months from the date of entry.
- Applicants applying for Emergency visas.
A valid passport and tourist visa are required to visit India
- Original passport and one photocopy of passport information and signature page.
India Visa Application Form:
- One signed India visa application form plus one copy.
- The traveler must sign their own visa application form, and signatures on the application must match the signature in the applicant’s passport.
- The Indian visa application form must be printed on two pages, and signed on both pages. The applicant must sign under the photo on the first page, and at the bottom of the second page.
- This is an online application form. On the Indian E Tourist Visa website, select the orange button on the left that says “Regular Visa Application” to start the visa application form.
- One recent 2 x 2 passport type photograph, in color, front view and with a plain/white background. Glasses should not be worn in these photos; photos should not be stapled to the application.
Proof of State Residency:
A clear photocopy of the applicant’s driver’s license or state issued ID is the best proof of address. The address on the ID must match the present address on the visa application exactly. Alternatively, the most recent major utility bill (Water, Gas, Electric, Sewage), or a copy of a valid/current lease containing both the landlord and tenant signature, may also be accepted.