Choosing to process an application through our website means having the approved e-Tourist Visa in hands. E-Tourist Visa Online Application is double-checked before submission. Once completed the entire process, the request will be reviewed and then submitted. Applicants usually receive their visas within 12 to 16 hours if they apply for urgent processing. However, some may take longer to process up to 5 to 7 working days.
Visa is valid from the date of issue. Entry and exit must occur within the validity of the visa. The validity of the issued visa is at the discretion of the Embassy/Consulate and may vary to that advertised.
Duration of Stay
Holders of this visa can remain in the country for the entire validity of the visa. Please note: Persons holding visas with a validity of longer than 6 months who are intending on remaining in India longer than 180 days must register with the Foreigner’s Regional Registration Offices in India as soon as possible after arrival. Please check the special endorsements section of the issued visa for any stipulations on when registration may be required by. The duration of stay issued on the visa is at the discretion of the Embassy/Consulate and may vary to that advertised.
The applicant’s actual passport. The passport must:
- Be valid for six months beyond the expiry date of the visa
- Have two blank facing visa pages
- Be Machine Readable
- Holders of handwritten passports will not be permitted entry into India. Passports must be Machine Readable.
Letter of Invitation
For visa requests with validity greater than 6 months, a letter of invitation from the applicant’s host is required. A copy is acceptable. This letter must:
- Be on company letterhead including the full address and contact details of the host
- Be addressed to Indian High Commission
- Specify the purpose and duration of stay
- Specify the type of visa, validity, and number of entries requested (must match what is requested on the visa application form)
- Include an acceptance of financial responsibility for the applicant
- Be signed by the applicant’s host
Indian Emergency Service
The Indian Emergency Service is available to customers who will not be able to obtain their visa within the standard visa issuing delays. Applicants must be able to provide a confirmed flight itinerary showing departure ex Australia within 48-72 hours from the date of visa lodgement to have their request considered. This is not a guaranteed service and is subject to approval by the local Indian Consulate or Embassy. The Emergency Service is not available to:
- Non-Australian passport holders in possession of Temporary Residency visas for Australia
- Non-Australian passport holders who have not been Permanent Residents of Australia for 2 years or more
- For more information regarding this service please contact Visas Direct.