Indian Tourist Visa is currently required by all nationalities wishing to travel to India as a tourist, to meet friends, family or holiday. Applicants wishing to visit India are normally granted a short-term and long term tourist visa, normally for valid for up to 12 months and two to 5 years effective from the date of issue.
Our visa charges include the fee payable to the Government of India, our handling & administration charges. Please note all visas are granted solely at the discretion of the High Commission of India and its Consulates. Tourist visas are non-extendible and non-convertible. We are able to obtain Indian tourist Visa with fast turn-around time.
Tourist Visa – Indian Visa Requirements:
There should be a gap of at least 2 months between two separate visits to India on a Tourist visa. For Tourist visa holders who wish to visit India within 2 months of their last visit, an application for a Permit to Re-enter India is necessary. No Permit is needed if the visa holder is traveling to multiple countries on the same itinerary and the trip follows the itinerary exactly. The visa holder must carry a copy of the itinerary to show the Immigration Officer.
- An India Tourist Visa is given to those visiting India for tourism or other non-business related purposes.
- Applicants volunteering, working with charities or working with non-profit organizations must apply for an Employment visa.
- 5 year and 10 year Tourist visas are available only to US citizens under a bilateral arrangement.
Eligibility Criteria for E Tourist Visa:
- International travelers who plan to visit India for sightseeing, recreation, meeting friends and relatives, casual visit, business visit or medical treatment for short duration.
- The passport must have validity of at least 6 months from arrival date in India. There should be two blank pages in the passport so that the immigration officer can stamp there.
- The international travelers must have onward journey or return ticket along with sufficient money for the stay in India.
- International traveler who are of Pakistani origin or have Pakistani passport can choose to apply for regular Visa.
- E-tourist Visa cannot be availed by holders of official and diplomatic passports.
- Every individual must have a separate passport. E-tourist Visa cannot be availed by people who are endorsed on the passports of spouse or parent.
- This visa cannot be availed by holders of international travel document.