The India Tourist Visa on Arrival (TVoA) allows tourists from 43 nations to visit India for the purpose of tourism, short duration medical treatment, visit friends and relatives or casual business visit.
The India Tourist Visa on Arrival is granted for a maximum of 30 days. The TVoA can be availed twice a year by a tourist. This visa is also referred to as e-Visa to India.
Eligibility Criteria for India Tourist Visa on Arrival
In order to meet the eligibility criteria for obtaining India Tourist Visa on Arrival, you will need to fulfil the following requirements:
- You must have a valid passport with a validity of at least 6 months
- You must have the financial resources required to pay for your expenses during your stay in India
- You must possess return ticket or onward journey ticket
- You plan to remain in India for a specific and limited period of time
- You intend to visit India with the sole objective of sightseeing, meeting friends and relatives, for short duration medical treatment or casual business visit.
- You intend to leave India at the end of your visit
- You have no intention to seek or undertake employment while in India
- You do not pose a security risk
- You agree to abide by the laws of the land
- Steps to follow to apply for e-Visa to India
A foreign tourist who is eligible for e-Visa to India can apply for the same by following the procedure mentioned below:
Step 1: Access online visa application form
Access the visa application form for India e-Visa online by clicking visa on arrival application.
Step 2: Check the document requirements
Check the requirements for the passport and photograph needed along with the application by clicking document requirements.
Step 3: Upload documents online
Upload the scanned first page of the passport and the required photograph along with the visa application.
Step 4: Pay e-visa fee online
Make payment for the visa fees online using either a debit card or a credit card by clicking e-visa processing fee.
Step 5: Receive the e-visa online
An electronic version of the visa or electronic travel authorization (ETA) will be delivered to your email id within the next 96 hours. You can track the status of your visa application online by clicking visa status.