It is very easy to apply for an Indian visa or E-Visa because the process is fast, simple and straightforward. I was successful in applying for this in just a day and below am an Indian visa guide that will also help you make your India travel dreams come true!
- You must provide your actual signed passport, including one copy of the personal information page of your passport. Your passport must:
- Be valid for six months beyond the validity of your requested visa
- Contain at least two blank visa pages for the visa stamp (amendments and endorsement pages cannot be used to fulfill this requirement)
- Not be frayed, torn, separating, or altered in any other way
- If your passport does not meet these requirements, please contact Visa Central at 16674016132 for further details.
The Indian Consulate requires a photograph that meets very strict requirements. We strongly recommend that you submit your photograph electronically to Visa Central so we can ensure it meets the stringent characteristics mandated by the Indian Consulate. Follow Indian e tourist visa, photo-service to upload your photo. All electronic photo submissions must be taken within the last three months against an all-white background. It must show a full frontal view of your head with your face centered in the middle and with the tops of your shoulders visible. You must also display a neutral (non-smiling) expression with eyes open, mouth closed, and ears visible. No background light or shadows are permitted. You may not wear eyeglasses. No headwear except for religious purposes. Do not wear a white shirt. Should you elect to submit actual photographs then you must submit 2 photographs that meet all of the above criteria and:
- Be exactly 2 inches by 2 inches square
- Be printed on high-quality glossy photo paper
- Not be affixed to your application, with no evidence of adhesive tape or staples
- Passport photo vendors commonly produce photographs that do not meet these requirements. Visa Central cannot submit applications with incorrectly formatted photographs.
Visa Application Form
The Consulate of India requires a visa application form that is completed online. To access the form follow this Link Click on the button labeled “Regular Visa Application” in the upper-left corner to begin the process. Your application must:
- Display your name exactly as it appears in your passport
- Include answers to all fields
- Be signed on the first page under the photo, and, on the second page. Both signatures must match the signature in your passport
- Include your email address on the online application. Applications missing a personal email address will be rejected by the consulate
- Be printed on single-sided sheets of paper. Double-sided applications will be rejected. You must fully print the barcode on the bottom of page 1
- Your passport will be shipped back to the address indicated on your application under “Present Address.”
Visa Central provides a guide to assist you in completing the application. Or type the address into your browser. At this time Visa Central strongly advises against using the India visa on arrival option because the online authorization process lacks support as well as the travel risks and uncertainty surrounding the process.